Make Marketing History

The views of a marketing deviant.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Your Prospect Is Always Right.


Good marketing is about helping the customer, informing the customer and crucially about not frustrating the customer.

My friend Mark McGuinness has a new angle on this. We're used to companies buying up multiple versions of url in order to capture any browser search, but I've not seen it done on Twitter. Mark realises that people like me might mis-spell his name so he's anticipated that and ensured that when I made that mistake, I was still just one click away from where I wanted to be.

He could have opted for an easily spelled pseudonym, but this is better. Not only does he "own" his name (which in itself makes it easier for users to find him), he shows that he's thinking about what they want before they even get to him. Attention to detail costs very little and returns a lot.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark McGuinness said...

@johndods is still available.

10:55 AM, May 06, 2009  
Blogger john dodds said...

1) Do as I say, not as I do.

2) Nobody spells my name wrong.

3:19 AM, May 07, 2009  
Blogger Mark McGuinness said...

OK, sorry Jon.

6:35 AM, May 07, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home