Make Marketing History

The views of a marketing deviant.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Eyebrows Might Be Raised.


Jane McGonigal made a great comment on my T-mobile post suggesting the increasing need for an advertising strategy to have

clearly better design for actual participation and less spectacle. it's only good to provoke awe and wonder if you then give people the means to produce it themselves.

So here's one I found earlier that's clearly easy for people to imitate and recreate. I wonder if any agency will utilise it. Tonight perhaps?

2 Comments:

Blogger MHB said...

Yup, while I'm not a big fan of the content, it wins for the strategic 'join us' angle. Faris has a good thought about how this content is what the internet likes. (Feed Me Seymour!)

Reminds me of the visual contract btw French impressionist painters and their audience: I'll paint heaps of dots, and you complete the image upon viewing.

11:01 AM, January 24, 2009  
Blogger john dodds said...

It's been interesting to see a lot of criticism that this will not "go viral" because it is not as inherently interesting as the Gorilla. Whereas I see it as far more likely to spread via user generated versions. Whether any of that has an effect on chocolate sales is a moot point.

2:03 PM, January 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home