Make Marketing History

The views of a marketing deviant.

Friday, May 09, 2008

That Tractors Woman.


Thanks to Jeremy at Penguin, I've finally tracked down a photo of a poster that I saw in the Tube weeks ago. There are so many new books out there each month that differentiation is formidably difficult, so I love the way they speak to the reader by talking in unliterary language.

It's a nice example of focussing on feelings of familiarity and copying rather than emphasising the story content. I, for one, am well aware of the "tractors" book even though I didn't read it and couldn't name it or its author but immediately I am engaged by the poster and thinking about the new book. Job done.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, positivity on Make Marketing History??

10:40 AM, May 09, 2008  
Blogger john dodds said...

Just keeping you on your toes Angus. Ooops bad analogy.

12:14 PM, May 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home