Make Marketing History

The views of a marketing deviant.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Jeff Jarvis - Marketing Maven.

A tally of eighty-eight unread posts in my RSS feed from Jeff Jarvis's blog is indicative of my love-hate reaction to his opinions/style, but for some reason on this sleepy Sunday afternoon, I chose to view his talk about the future of television given at some conference recently.

I recommend it as a primer on his general outlook on media (as ever with these things, the Q and A is particularly interesting), but I was also surprised to discover an underlying marketing view that I'd failed to perceive in his blog and which chimes with my own. Statements like "your brand is the people who use you" and "If the conversation goes "off-message", then maybe your message was off" mean that I might not wait another eighty-eight posts till I read again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Next time: 80...

10:12 AM, December 25, 2006  
Blogger john dodds said...

In the spirit of the day, I'll meet you half way and say 84 tops.

12:09 PM, December 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home