Make Marketing History

The views of a marketing deviant.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Business Customers Only?

Some weeks ago, a major company declared their intention to embrace blogging. I was particularly taken by the announcement that a senior executive in the consumer division was going to blog and so wrote to him, applauding the decison and offering my opinion that it was necessary to be personal and regular in his posting.

As promised, a business blog has appeared. But, last week I received a response to my letter. I was thanked for my advice and informed that his blog would not now be happening because "it has now been decided that this is not the most effective way to communicate with customers."

So blogging is OK for smart business customers but not for regular consumers? The company seems to have forgotten that it's good to talk.

1 Comments:

Blogger TheTart said...

Wow ... he needs a new consultant, one who knows what a blog is ... likely.

Smooch,
The Tart
; )

11:09 AM, August 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home