Make Marketing History

The views of a marketing deviant.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Why Do You Want To Know That?

I make a simple call to my credit card company to determine the end-date of my account period, so that I can maximise the credit holiday for an upcoming expenditure.

I just want the information.

I don't want the operative wrongly telling me it's not relevant and won't make any difference to me! I don't want him then asking, by way of an attempt to justify his presumption, whether I pay off my bill in full .

I just want customer service.

It's how you're meant to differentiate yourself.

2 Comments:

Blogger kaylen said...

was wondering if you'd seen this ad compaign/what you thought about it

http://commercial-archive.com/129885.php

3:16 PM, June 16, 2006  
Blogger john dodds said...

No I hadn't - it would probably not be allowed in the UK though personally I like shock tactics. I'm not sure they cut through any more than any other message but at least they have a chance.

11:30 AM, June 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home